Wednesday 6 July 2011

NGD (New Guitar Day)

Hi folks, been away on vacation to Romania and while there I selfishly bought a new guitar (via the wonders of Wifi, who'd have thought it in Rural Transilvania? - on eBay).

Its a stunning (IMHO) Mexican made 72 Telecaster Thinline in natural ash.
My best mate had one of these as a kid when all I could afford was a lowly Squier Tele copy (korean of all places). Now, 15 years later, I have my own, albeit not a MIJ like his was.


Street price on these seems to be £800 - wow, times have changed. I remember my mates MIJ was £500 brand new. I think this mex is made pretty well though and it sounds on the money. Its a bit heavier than the one I remember however, poorer quality ash perhaps? Still, I paid £400 which I think is reasonable.

Here is a little video of me improving when I got the guitar home this evening. Pedals are Creamy Dreamer > Mammoth > Easy Vibe > Echo base.

No comments:

Post a Comment