Thursday 24 February 2011

"Fun" with decals

I recently ordered some vinyl inkjet sticker decal paper stuff from ebay...a little over £1 a sheet.
After epic failing the first two sheets (one in greyscale, one the wrong actual scale) I managed to get a sheet printed with a FF, WM, SHO and my latest build in progress, Wolf Computer. I modified the Zvex artwork for the SHO, and made my own WC design inspired by the mellowtone original. I think it looks cool !

I've sanded and cleaned the top of the case for the SHO and to-be-built WC.
Then I rubbed with acetone to clean, applied the decal. Let it stick for a while. Sprayed on two coats of clear laquer and the results are thus:




Obviously its easier to do before you have filled the box with gubbins, so I'm intending to make decals for all my boxes moving forward *before* I box them up. Spilling the guts of my FF is going to be a task and a half.

Sadly there is a few bubbles on the WC, but its a one pass deal, mess it up and you cant unstick and restick.

For those interested, I used these chaps, with a variety of products.
Came fast, well packed in two sheets of card in a proper cardboard backed envelope:

http://www.qpmedia.co.uk/ and they have an eBay store which I prefered to use QP ebay store

Will post up again when the Wolf is roaring...board is built, just needs wiring and boxing.

Update:

FF in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment