Tuesday 22 February 2011

Postman has been....

Did my first order from Rapid UK.
Items ordered Friday, received around 11am yesterday, good service, then again I expect that for £5 flat rate. At least I know now that it is a 24 hour service.

Anyway, I stocked up on Eddystone (Hammond Manufacturing) cases.
I got two of the larger size and three of the MXR type size.
If you are interested, the product codes and sizes are:

Bigger - 29830PSLA 120x95x30MM (£5.10ea)
Smaller - 27134PLSA 111x60x31MM (£2.95ea)

More sizes here:  Rapid Eddystone Selection


They are great quality. They dont have as nice rounded edges as the Hammond 1590 series, but they are about half the price. In my opinion, they look just as good as any other boutique pedal case of the standard diecast rectangular variety.

I also bought 10x more of their Alpha DPDT footswitches. For one, Im hoping I can snag some more daughter boards off IvIark in the future, or source someone to manufacturer them for me (group buy, anyone?!) and also in some future designs I want to use footswitches for mode selection (Im thinking the Devi Ever type effects with Choas and Noise modes, or switchable caps, or maybe wiring a boost in the same box for instance). I am half toying with the idea of having an octave circuit in with a Red Llama to make a knock-off Piercing Moose. Maybe the Green Ringer. Lastly I got 2 each of some plastic Rean by Neutrik jacks to have a try with. about 50p each...


Anyway, I thought it would be fun to note that I received two decent sized boxes. One contained the 5 cases and footswitches. Fair use of space I reckon. The other contained one axial cap, and another cap. LOL.

Reasonable packing:
Fail Packing:


Coming soon: Comprehensive and picture intensive WM build !

No comments:

Post a Comment